Library can be considered a store – house of knowledge. In dictionaries the word “library” has been defined as “a building or room containing a collection of books”. A well-stocked library is an positive feature to the college. A library has a librarian to guide and attend to the readers. A library is a place where not only books but also journals, magazines and newspapers are well-stocked for the benefit of the readers. It helps the spread of education. The library is a boon for poor students who cannot afford to buy text books or other books of their interest. They can borrow these books and read or study them at ease at home. A library is thus a help to the society.
The mission of the college library is to facilitate creation of new knowledge through acquisition, organisation and dissemination of knowledge resources and provide value added services. It has an excellent collection of books,journals, periodicals, CDs and non book materials in the field of science and technology and general books etc.
RULES & REGULATIONS :
- A student can borrow a book for the duration of 7 days and a staff member for 30 days. The books may be reissued to the bearer after their surrender of the books on the due date.
- Every book borrowed from the library should be returned on the date marked on the date slip. It will be reissued to the same student for a further period of 7 days if it has not been applied for by other students in the mean time. The book should be shown to the Librarian at the time of renewable.
- Students are prohibited from sub-lending the books.
- The librarian may recall any book at any time even before the expiry of the normal period of lending.
- Absence from the college will not be ordinarily admitted as an excuse for delay in returning the books on the due date.
- If a student fails to return a book on the due date, a fine Rs.10/- for the first day and Rs.2/- for each day will be levied. Sundays and holidays are excluded.
- A student, who fails to return the borrowed library book or to pay the fine in due time, will be liable to disciplinary action.
- Books will be issued only on presentation of the identity card and library card bearing the name, class, departmental number and signature of the student. In case the card is lost the Librarian should be informed at once. No one is allowed to borrow books by producing other’s library card. A lost card may be replaced by a duplicate card after one month on payment of Rs.100/-
- A Student who wishes to borrow a book shall fill in an application from and present it at the counter between 12.15p.m and 1.45p.m Reference books or journals will not be lent out. Books can be returned between 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- A Student on receiving the book must examine it and report to the Librarian if any damage is found therein. Otherwise he will be held responsible for any damage that may afterwards be detected.
- Students are required to use all library books with care. Disciplinary action will be taken against the students damaging the books in any manner.
- A book returned to the library should contain return slip showing the roll number of the student and the catalogue number of the book.
- Application must be made in the prescribed form for borrowing of reference books, journals etc.
- A student who has lost a book shall make a written report of it to the Librarian immediately. The lost book must be replaced by a new one before the date specified by the Librarian. Besides, any fine imposed by the Principal should be paid by the student who has lost the book.
- We are subscribing several scientific journals National and International.